Friday, February 12, 2010

Pita Pit Franchisee Featured in Charlotte Business Journal

Charlotte Pita Pit Franchisee, Peter Keretsis, was featured in a Charlotte Business Journal article today. The article was built from an in-depth interview with Peter Keretsis about his experience as a small business owner. The article is a Q&A discussing Peter’s entrepreneur story as a business owner and how his journey landed him back in Charlotte. The article also discusses his success in the Charlotte market and new areas that would be a great fit for the Pita Pit brand.

Charlotte Pita Pit Franchisee, Peter Keretsis with his business partner and wife, Angela.

Cutback becomes recipe for success
by Adam O’Daniel

Peter Keretsis believes his quick-service restaurant franchise, The Pita Pit, has the potential to grow across the region.

But he also says it’s important to balance his hours at the uptown restaurant with time with his family at home. So for now, he’s focused on maintaining that equilibrium, instead of expanding the business.

You once owned Pita Pit stores in Athens, Ga., and Columbia, S.C., in addition to the uptown store. Why did you sell them?
I love my wife and my kids too much. I sold the other two so I could be at home more to spend more time with them.

It wasn’t a financial reason, both stores were doing great. But I was working too much. So I made the personal decision to cut back and spend more time here.
Things are going so well here at this store now that I’m afraid to try and branch out again and ruin a good thing that I’ve got going. But I guess you never say never.

Are there other areas of Charlotte where a Pita Pit would succeed?
I feel like a location at University City would be great. They’d get the best of both worlds because they could draw the business customer during the day and then also be attractive to students at UNCC. I think one would do good in Stonecrest or in Ballantyne. Maybe even SouthPark, if you could find the right place with the right rent.

(READ MORE)

No comments:

Post a Comment