Monday, February 7, 2011

Franchisee Profile: Patrick O'Dell, Franchisee of Lake Mary, FL


View Larger Map

Opened: February 21, 2011

Location: Lake Mary, FL

Q: Where are you originally from?
A: I’m from southern Idaho.

Q: What did you do before becoming a Pita Pit franchisee?
A: Before joining Pita Pit I worked as a bar tender and later as a health inspector.

Q: Are you a first time business owner?
A: I own four Pita Pit franchises in the greater Orlando area. The first opened in July of 2003 and the most recent was in August 2009.

Q: How did you learn about the brand?
A: While I was bartending, the owner of the Washington State University and University of Idaho Pita Pit locations was a customer of mine and often told me about the company. I also inspected two Pita Pits.

Q: Why was this brand the right fit for you?
A: In 2003 I was looking for a change of pace and Pita Pit seemed like a great opportunity. They offered flat rate royalties and seemed to be targeting a much younger demographic for franchisees. They wanted people who could operate a Pita Pit 16-17 hours a day and still run around promoting it.

Q: What are your future goals or development plans?
A: After the Lake Mary store I’m planning on opening one more Pita Pit. We’re still looking for the right location, which can be a challenge in Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment